To learn how you can help to keep your flowers looking beautiful and fresh for as long as possible
plus a few handy tips, click PLAY to watch our little clip..
To help keep your flowers looking perfectly beautiful and fresh for as long as possible;
- Keep flowers in a cool spot away from direct sunlight, heaters and droughts.
- Keep cut flowers away from fruit. Fruit releases a gas that causes flowers to age faster.
- For cut flower bouquets; remove paper wrapping from bouquets as it is purely decorative and protection for the blooms whilst in transit. We recommend leaving the binding that holds the bouquet together intact to retain the design. Trim approx. 2cm off stems on a diagonal with a sharp knife or secateurs and place in clean water. Remove all leaves that will be underwater.
- For vase or boxed arrangements; Top up with fresh water daily.
- As lilies begin to bloom we suggest removing the pollen from within to prevent the staining of clothing, furniture and rugs.
- Remove any dead flower heads or leaves, this will help to prolong the life of the remaining flowers and promote other buds opening.
- You may also add a few drops of bleach to the vase water to keep the water clean as it kills bacteria preventing contaminated water.
- If you feel there is an issue with any blooms, please do feel free to give us a call to discuss possible care techniques within 48 hours of receiving them.